Friday 14 December 2012

Bad news. I'm going to have to do IELTS.

I thought I wouldn't have to because a) I studied at international schools all my life and b) I have a pass grade in O Level English. But oh no, I still have to do an English proficiency exam. How annoying.

After a cursory glance through the modules, Speaking in particular, I realized I will have to start harboring opinions about mundane things like sports...and healthy living. Why can't I discuss about something cool like anime, for instance?

I'm also feeling slightly anxious as I have to get an overall result of 7 and an average of 7.5 (out of 9). My last proper English exam was 2 years ago and my complete ineptitude at handling social situations aren't really helping out.

Anyway, I've been reading quite a lot lately. I'm trying to get back into my old pace and well improve my vocabulary. If anything, I should reread the Harry Potter series. They helped me out so much during my English O Level exam.

Although I've bought tons of books from thrift shops recently, I've compiled a list of books I want to order along with my textbooks from Amazon. It mainly includes all the works of E. L. Konigsberg, Lynn Flewelling and R. D. Wingfield. Just the thought of reading The Bone Doll's Twin, The Mixed Up Files of Mrs Basil E. Frankweiler and A Touch of Frost absolutely fills me with excitement!

I should stop now; I'm starting to sound like a massive bookworm. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment