Saturday 15 December 2012

IELTS 2


Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you concerning an issue about my current accommodation. For the past two months, I have been sharing a room with another student from my college. Since we'd only met each other for the first time as roommates, I had no clue as to what her personality would be like.
I laid some ground rules in the beginning. For instance, no loud music or other distractions when either one of us is studying. Unfortunately, my roommate decided not to heed these rules after a week and proceeded to play her music loud. Furthermore, our room was almost in constant disarray with half her wardrobe strewn on the floor. Despite my attempts to keep a tidy environment, it stubbornly remains in a chaotic state.
I feel that my studies are starting to get affected from this chaotic environment. It's highly stressful for me to come back to a loud and messy room after a long day of lectures. I have tried discussing these issues with my roommate but to no avail.
Therefore, I would highly appreciate if you would be able to find a non-shared single room for me so that I can properly focus on my studies. I hope you will be able to understand my predicament and respond to this letter soon.

Yours sincerely,
ADB

Number of words: 224

Personal comments: Vocabulary terribly needs improving! My reasoning sounds pretty ridiculous and the whole thing just ended up like a dying balloon, didn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment