Sunday 27 January 2013

Bon Voyage

Hi hello hey! Greetings from Sri Lanka!

[This is quite an over-due post. In fact, I typed it out during my first few hours in Sri Lanka but I wasn't able to publish it because I don't have an Internet connection. Yes, pity me.]

I love flying by myself! The journey from Sydney-Singapore-Colombo was both tedious and fun, which I'm sure any solo traveler can empathize with. This is admittedly random, but my favourite part of the journey is when the plane starts accelerating for takeoff and the exact moment when the wheels leave the ground.


Any time is camwhore time. Even if it's in a lavatory, thousands of feet above ground.


I spent most of my time watching Krissworld, instead listening to Cabin Pressure as originally planned. I watched 4 movies, out of which only 3 I could actually finish watching.

1. Hotaru the Movie: It's only a little light in my life
Hotaru no Hikari is one of my favourite Japanese shows. But I will recommend this movie only to fans of the TV series.

2. Runway Cop
The plot was mediocre but these guys made it totally worth it.

Lee Soo-hyuk

Kim Young-kwang

I would like to ask them whether it hurts to be that good-looking.

3. Himitsu no Akko-chan
Another Ayase Haruka movie! I've noticed that she's great at portraying quirky characters. It also helps that she's downright gorgeous! The movie is sweet and has an interesting concept.

4. The Grand Heist
I couldn't finish watching this because a few minutes into the movie, I was overcome by a wave of drowsiness. It looked interesting so I'm going to download it soon.

After I landed in Changi airport, I badly wanted to use the toilet so I rushed in search of one. In case you're craving for more unglam pictures of me the toilet....


Then, I wandered around the Duty Free area a bit. I didn't buy anything, though. Except a can of Pepsi, which is rather sad.


The flight to Colombo was pretty empty, a reflection of how popular my country is. I didn't mind; more space for me to stretch out and sleep!


Props to the chefs who prepare the in-flight meals. They were delicious! I always fly on Singapore Airlines because of their great meals and hospitality.

So now I'm finally back in Sri Lanka but I've unfortunately caught the cold. I wanted to completely stuff myself with the food I've been missing but here I am, with zero appetite and a pounding headache  Tough luck, huh? I hope that I can get better soon so I can fully enjoy my brief stay here. 


Here's a wee little squirrel. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment